Tuesday, May 11, 2010

America's Next Top Couch Potato

I am at a loss of things to write. It's like staring at a blank word document before beginning a paper, except this is supposed to be "fun" writing. Today, I don't really have anything to say. I have the day off, and I'm meeting my boyfriend in about an hour and a half. I need to shower still, and I'm sitting bra-less on the couch listening to Rasputina. At least I managed to turn the TV off, having watched only two America's Next Top Model reruns, a show which admittedly I do enjoy. Odd enough, considering I have no interest in fashion, which is in my eyes one of the world's most fickle and wasteful industries. When I get sucked into reality shows like this I imagine myself in it. Who would I be? What role would I play? How would I come off after they finished editing the footage of me? A quiet girl, kind of awkward, pensive. Probably a snob, since no doubt I would criticize some for being shallow and ignorant. But that's neither here nor there - I'm short and chunky and wouldn't even qualify for one of their so-called "plus-size" spots. So instead I watch, feeling fat, knowing that later I'm just going to go out and pick up a really-creamy-really-bad-for-you coffee type drink, and I just don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments which have not been proofread and/or thoroughly researched may be mocked.