A.) thank the blogger who gave it to me,
2.) sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five words, and
D.) pass it on to ten other blogs which I feel have real substance.
So, first of all - thank you, Queen, for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I appreciate the nomination very much, as it has linked me with some more great bloggers and helped me fantasize I'm important.
My Five Words
I love to complain, bitch.
My 10 Blogs
1. The Bitchy Waiter was the first disgruntled food-service worker blog I started reading when I joined Blogger, and continues to be one of my favorites.
2. The Bitter Waiter is like The Bitchy Waiter's pissed off, more cynical older brother. His writing is funny as shit too, and he's even angrier and more customer-focused.
3. I found The Bartender through The Bitchy Waiter. I love reading her blog because, as if customers aren't douchey enough sober, she has plenty of outlandish stories to share about what happens when they drink themselves into oblivion.
4. DragonFlies and Cocktails is the blog of a friend of mine whom I have known for over three years now - we were on a study abroad program together. She writes about everything from her newest favorite music to the insecurities many of us have about life.
5. Am I a kiss-ass if I give the award back to the person who gave it to me? Relationship Rant is a great read. She shares about her own relationship as well as questions people send her, and it is one of those blogs where the comments are as interesting as the content.
6. I just discovered Happy Dying Sun recently and am enjoying reading it so much that I think I'll steal the 30 letters idea from her. Stay tuned.
7. If you want to read something that's laugh-out-loud, piss-your-pants funny, go visit Red Means Go. Not only is this woman funny in words, but she draws the most amazing pictures. Who knew looking for jobs could be so hilarious?
8. The name The Ranter's Box says it all. And, unlike me, she never rants about the same thing twice!
9. My eating and exercise habits are pretty shitty. Good thing there are people who actually make an effort in their own lives and try to help the rest of us, too. Written by one of my fellow
10. Grace Undressed got me hooked on Blogger. I found her blog by accident one day about a year and a half ago, and read three years' worth of posts on her experience as a stripper in a matter of weeks. Although she now writes on a private blog to which her old readers now subscribe (including yours truly), the original blog is still there and she updates every once in a while. No matter how you feel about the sex industry, you'll see it and its workers differently after reading this.