Thursday, July 26, 2012

30 Letters: Day 16 — someone that’s not in your state/country

Ashley,

I did not fully realize how much I missed you and the good times we had, until I went to Katie’s bridal shower last weekend. I used to just feel jealous that you moved to Scotland; now, I just feel sad that I haven’t seen you in so long.

Like I told Katie and your mom, I always think of you when the Outkast song “Hey Ya” comes on Pop2K Radio, because you hated it so much that you had a disconcertingly violent reaction to it. We were also ruminating on your deep loathing of frogs and the word “moist.” It’s funny what you remember about a person, even after so many years.

The good news is that you’re coming back for the wedding in October, so get ready to watch me get in a drunken fight with one of your friends in my underwear. Just like old times.

Moistly yours,

Katie’s Ex-Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments which have not been proofread and/or thoroughly researched may be mocked.